[MPlayer-users] Re: segfault on building osld (perhaps I can disable it?)

Tobias Diedrich ranma at tdiedrich.de
Fri Jun 18 21:27:02 CEST 2004

Mikhail Ramendik wrote:

> I realize that the bug may be hard to catch; after all I can't upload
> nearly 3 gigabytes to the developers. (I'll do any debugging if
> requested). But perhaps one can disable the building of the odml index?

That's currently not possible.
It doesn't make much sense, the old style index is incomplete, so you
can either disable the index with -noidx or reindex with -forceidx.

> I event tried generating an mplayer-format idx file using aviindex, and
> then running mplayer with -loadidx . It still tries to build an odml
> index. And still segfaults.

It may make sense to disable the ODML index reading for -loadidx, but
the code currently doesn't do that.

Could you dump the index with the attached program?
It should create three files: idx1, ix00 and ix01.
Those are dumps of the avi index chunks and should suffice to reproduce
your problem.

Thanks,

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.2ya.com