[MPlayer-users] full screen tv tvoverscan

Jason Tackaberry tack at sault.org
Mon Jun 21 15:48:00 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 00:21 -0500, Robert Cassell wrote:
> The audio and video are very good but the scree on the tv is still
> a box (800x600).  How can I get the TVOverScan to work?  I've tried a few
> values like .5 .9 1.0 but nothing is noticable.

TVOverScan has been broken in every nvidia release after 4363, so you'll
need to revert to this version if you want to use TVOverScan.

This has been an oft discussed issue on nvidia's forums, but nvidia
seems not to care too much to fix the problem.  Given that this has been
broken for over a year, perhaps by 2006 we'll have nvidia drivers with
functional TVOverScan that work with a 4k-stacks kernel.

Let's all give three cheers for closed source!

Cheers,
Jason.