[MPlayer-users] Re: Alternative 3-pass methods

Matthias Rieber matthias-ml at hadez.dyndns.org
Fri Jun 25 02:50:58 CEST 2004

Hi,

On 2004-06-22, Jack <lt at speakeasy.net> wrote:
> A few weeks ago, someone made a suggestion of using the following
> options as an alternative to mplayers buggy 3-pass encoding, and to
> get around slight sync problems with -oac mp3lame.
>
> 	mplayer dvd://1 -ao pcm -aofile audio.wav -vo null
> 	lame -V 3 audio.wav audio.mp3
> 	mencoder dvd://1 -oac copy -audiofile audio.mp3 -ovc lavc -lavcopts [...]:vpass=1|2

I rip my DVDs with a similar method, because I want to have more than
one audio track. I dump the desired tracks and encode them with oggenc.
Then I produce the avi file with -mc 0 and -oac copy, no -audiofile of
course and merge them with mkvmerge. A-V is always out of sync, which
seems to be normal(?), but sometimes its more than 3000ms out of sync.
No problem, because I always have to sync it manually.

Is there a way to find the right sync value? mplayer is able to play the
source vob properly, so it should 'know' the right value?

regards,

matthias