[MPlayer-users] Problem with console

Karol Pluciennik troloo at zamoyski.edu.pl
Sat Jun 26 17:07:19 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm linux newbie and usually I'm using my root account for everything (I
have FC2 on my private computer and it's only occasionally connected to
internet). I'd really like to start working as a standard user but I
have always the same problem (it was also on FC1). The problem is that
at the beginning everything with console (xterm or standard gnome
console) works perfectly. After installing several programs, couple of
reboots, when I open console it's empty, it's kind of hanging up. Can
you give me some advices how to set permissions for installed programs
so standard user can access them and the most important how to access
console when I'm standard user.

I have FC2 with Gnome, kernel 2.2.40.

--
Thanks in advance, TroLoo