[MPlayer-users] mplayer sound over ssh ?

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Wed Jun 30 12:26:45 CEST 2004

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:14:20 +0200
Michel Bardiaux <mbardiaux at peaktime.be> wrote:

> Actually, one can setup ssh to forward *any* specific TCP port.

Yes, I am very, very well aware of that.  I've been using the
functionality for a very long time.  Although, it is irrelevant.  I said
SSH handled X11 (which it does) and asked why someone would expect it
would also handle forwarding sound (which it doesn't, not by itself at
least)

> What is special in X11 forwarding is the forwarding of *dynamic* port
> numbers.

No, there's a lot more to it than that.  It also has a special handler
for X11 authentication over SSH.