[MPlayer-users] [BUG?] FriBidi breaks iso-8859-1 subs

Mikael Magnusson mikaelmagnusson at tjohoo.se
Wed Jun 30 13:26:39 CEST 2004

Are there any ways to display iso-8859-1 coded subs when FriBidi support is
enabled in the configuration?

I haven't managed to to so. Only some of the Swedish characters are working,
for example "ä", but not "Ö" in "Översättning". I have tried
"-subfont-encoding iso-8859-1", but to no avail.

This may be caused by a (undocumented) design decision that I'm unaware
of. If so please enlighten me.

It would be nice if it's possible to disable FriBidi at runtime. The problem
mainly arises because I'm using a binary Debian package (from Christian
Marillat) and it's compiled with --enable-fribidi, and if possible I would
like to avoid recompiling it for each new release.

Regards,
Mikael Magnusson