[MPlayer-users] real video over rtsp

Stephen Stocker lpar at par1.net
Mon Mar 1 01:15:11 CET 2004

  Hi,

  Now I'm curious! To answer your previous question, I used midentify on
  the dumped file, that's what gave me the 179 seconds. So it sounds
  like I've got the same problem. This is interesting, because I've been
  trying to dump a 93 minute file which starts, then closes the
  connection at various points. The URL on it is:
  mms://66.179.120.107/0016/11034520040226.wmv

  I wouldn't think the Windows Media stuff would have anything in common
  with Realmedia, but I wonder. The main differences with the above URL
  is that it stops at totally random points and midentify does give the
  correct length of the file.

>one more thing:
>
>could you provide the end of you screendump please?
>(only the last 10-15 lines) - i want to find out
>if the bad packet len message has appeared at your
>side.

Playing rtsp://149.48.144.100/tavissmiley/tavisvideo_princeperforms_lo.rm.
Connecting to server 149.48.144.100[149.48.144.100]:554 ...
Cache size set to 640 KBytes
Connected to server: 149.48.144.100
rdt chunk not recognized: got 0x53
rdt chunk not recognized: got 0x4d
Core dumped ;)

  I didn't use -v for this, but I think it's basically the same, right?

>ps: when i watched the video through real one windows
>player, it was almost 19 minutes long so that is
>how i know the movie is not as short as you wrote.
>here's the .rm file i've saved with wget from the
>url specified at the webpage:

>rtsp://149.48.144.100:554/tavissmiley/tavisvideo_princeperforms_hi.rm?cloakport
>=8080,554,7070
>--stop--
>pnm://149.48.144.100:7070/tavissmiley/tavisvideo_princeperforms_hi.rm?cloakport
>=8080,554,7070

>i don't know what the cloakport means, but i think
>it could be some port redirrecting during the stream
>process, that mplayer can't handle (just a guess).

  I've never been sure of that either, but I've seen it a lot. Usually
  it doesn't cause me problems, but who knows? I'm thinking that either
  there's some crazy new protocol or else there's been a recent change
  to MPlayer's network support. And since I've got versions of MPlayer
  going back quite awhile on backup CDs, and none of them work on these
  streams, maybe some providers are using some new variation? I don't
  really know, just guessing. I know that using the http streaming
  patch, I only get audio from the stream I was trying to dump!

  Hope that made some sense, frankly I'm totally confused!

  	Take care,
	Steve