[MPlayer-users] how to play fullscreen on a 17 inch tft

Sipos Ferenc sferi at mail.tvnet.hu
Tue Mar 2 20:45:13 CET 2004

Hi!

I have a tft of the above size, the largest resolution is 1280x1024, and
this gives the best picture quality. I'd like to view movies on this
resolution with mplayer, however, I have some problems:
with the stable branch, -vo xv -sws2 -x 1280 -y 1024 solves the problem,
but if I'd like to use -fixed-vo at the same time, during file
switching, the second movie screen shows the right part of my desktop,
and the scaling line shows: VO: [xv] 1280x1024 => 1364x1024 Planar YV12
[fs]. The latest cvs version also has this problem, it isn't fullscreen
really. If I use vf scale=1280:1024, the image shows in fullscreen, but
there are small white lines around the osd and in the movie, and they
are appearing randomly in the movie too, so it's a quality problem, and
-double won't help, -vm has the same problem. Does anybody have any
ideas how to play movies with 1280x1024 resolution?

Thx

Paco