[MPlayer-users] LMLM4 Stream Format Not Found

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Mar 3 16:45:10 CET 2004

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 05:02:29AM -0800, Rodney Johnson wrote:
> Mplayer seems to work fine on my Red Hat Fedora Core 1
> when playing a regular file.
>
> Anytime I want to play a stream, though (either a
> shoutcast playlist, .ram file, or .asx), I get the
> error:
>
> "LMLM4 Stream Format Not Found."

This message is always displayed (even for your files that work) due
to a really stupid bug in pre3. It was fixed a long time ago in cvs.
Anyway, if you're having problems with streaming, this message has
nothing to do with it! That's why we say to ALWAYS send FULL mplayer
output if you have a problem/bugreport. If you try to guess which
message is the error (like in this case) chances are you'll pick the
wrong one. Most of MPlayer's output if just info, NOT errors.

Rich