[MPlayer-users] Video stream mandatory while converting .rm to .mp3. Bug?

Abraham S. Lin mplayer-users at vmstat.org
Sat Mar 6 19:56:56 CET 2004

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:

>On Friday, 05 March 2004 at 17:56, Abraham S. Lin wrote:
>

>>Adam Rice wrote:
>>

>>>That may be the best bug report I've ever seen. But you seem to have
>>>ommitted
>>>one crucial piece of information: the command-line you were using. I'm
>>>guessing that the -novideo commandline option might help you, but I can't
>>>guarantee it.
>>>
>>>Adam
>>>

>>Hi, Adam,
>>Thanks.. I try my best.
>>
>>The command line goes:
>>mencoder -v -v -v -novideo -ac lavc Video_stream_mandatory_bug.rm -of
>>mpeg -o test.mp3
>>

>MEncoder is a *movie* encoder. It cannot encode to audio containers. Just
>decompress the audio using mplayer -ao pcm and encode it by calling lame
>directly.

Thank you! It works! Now I don't have to: play the file with real
player, record it from
the sound device, and then convert it into mp3! (The files to conver:
77. The duration of
the playback: 30 min/file)

So the last commandline that I used goes:
    for i in `ls *.rm`; do j=`echo $i|cut -d'.' -f1`;  mplayer -v -ao
pcm -cache 2048 "$i"; lame audiodump.wav "$j.mp3"; rm audiodump.wav; done

I'd forward this to a Taiwanese music station, which has abundant .rm
files for adult
education, but lacks the means to convert them into .mp3 files.

Mplayer-users list rocks.

Sincerely,
Shuo