[MPlayer-users] Re: Monitor Aspect

Phillip Heller pheller at lessjunk.com
Sun Mar 7 06:28:39 CET 2004

> > Yes, -vf crop worked.
> >
> > I simply did 'gmplayer -monitoraspect 1.6666 -vf cropdetect', took it's
> > suggestion, and then re-ran with '-vf crop'.
>
> Is your monitor 1.6666 times as wide as it is tall? I really doubt it.
> If not, -monitoraspect 1.6666 is not the correct way to solve your
> aspect problem. Instead you should use -aspect to tell the aspect
> ratio of the movie.
>
> Rich

Yes, actually, the monitor is 1.6666:1.

It's 9.125" x 5.5".

(Sony Vaio TR3A)

Anyways, to reiterate; -monitoraspect 1.6666 in addition to -vf crop
solved the aspect ratio problem entirely.

Now the only problem is some strange issue where the window handles
become inaccessible when returning from full-screen mode.

--
Phillip Heller <pheller at lessjunk.com>