[MPlayer-users] visual mixer? and more

raptor raptor at tvskat.net
Sun Mar 7 17:55:51 CET 2004

hi,

is there a visual mixer app, such that I can see all channels when
sound is played ..f.e. as bars..(ncurses app is ok too)
I'm having problems with playing 5+1 sounds, think it is a
linux?-alsa?-driver?-mplayer? problem.. sometimes
Center dissapers, have to restart the movie.. or machine..

With some visual add I will be able to easily debug the problem..
Also some way to pass sound only on specified channel so that I can
test the outputs one by one...

mplayer:
What -vf to apply so that not to have pixelation effect when the
picture is mostly uniform-color..(night/darker scenes)
Under windows i dont have them (bsplayer)..
It seems under windows the picture is more clear, I'm playing
on the nvidia-tvout
Using -channels 6 sometimes works, sometimes not..(-ao alsa9:default)

nvidia:
Normally I run my comp under 1280x1024 the problem is
that the maximum TV-out resolution is 1024x768. i.e. dimentions are
different and I have to PAN the picture which is bad.
The solution is to exit the X, setup the XF86Config-4 so
that both screen adn tvout are
1024x768 and start X again which is boring :"(..
Ctrl Alt +,Ctrl Alt - doesnt help..
Under windows switching the screen to 1024x768 works i.e. rescaling
of the TV-out happens..

Here is the versions of the software :

emerge nvidia-glx -pv
                                                                         [ebuild   R   ] media-video/nvidia-glx-1.0.4496   0 kB
                                                                         # emerge nvidia-kernel -pv
                                                                         [ebuild   R   ] media-video/nvidia-kernel-1.0.4496-r3   0 kB
                                                                         # ~emerge mplayer -pv
                                                                         [ebuild   R   ] media-video/mplayer-1.0_pre3  -3dfx -3dnow +X +aalib +alsa -arts -debug +dga +directfb -dvb +dvd +encode +esd +fbcon -ggi +gif +gnome +gtk +gtk2 -joystick +jpeg -lirc -matroska -matrox +oggvorbis +opengl +oss +samba +sdl +sse +svga +truetype +xmms +xv  0 kB

# ~emerge alsa-driver -pv
                                                                         [ebuild   R   ] media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.3  +oss  0 kB

# ~emerge alsa-lib -pv

[ebuild   R   ] media-libs/alsa-lib-1.0.3  -jack  0 kB

Sound card is Realtek 655
00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 02)