[MPlayer-users] Telecine output - needed for NTSC DVD encoding

Bruno nc41530a at vizzavi.pt
Mon Mar 8 12:38:41 CET 2004

Hi,

I got a bit shocked after reading this thread:
http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2003-February/030162.html

I'm part of the 1% users who actually encode DVDs to watch in standalones
connected to TV sets.
Let me just say that this 1% is Mencoder users, the other 99% of NTSC
encoders have no other choice than to use CCE, TMPGEnc and others >:/

I don't like to start communication with a rant, but I'd like to have the
choice for DVD5->DVD9 transcoding (not looking for requantizers) keeping
the telecined patterns.

What can I do to disable IVTC while encoding?

Bruno