[MPlayer-users] Re: Re: Telecine output - needed for NTSC DVD encoding

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Tue Mar 9 11:49:35 CET 2004

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 10:25:09AM -0000, Bruno wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 10:06:48 -0000, Bruno <nc41530a at vizzavi.pt> wrote:
>

> >Sorry, forgot to mention that. That's my setting for PAL encodes.
> >For NTSC I change keyint=15 to keyint=18.
> >
> >I have tried:
> >-vf softpulldown
> >
> >And:
> >-vf hqdn3d=4:3:6,softpulldown
> >
> >The second line may be wrong, I'm still not sure if -vf works in reverse
> >filter order or not.
> >But -vf softpulldown alone ***had to work***.
> >And it doesn't.
> >

> >Bruno
>

> I think it works after all :)
>
> Tried with this:
>
> of=mpeg=1
> ovc=lavc=1
> vf=softpulldown
> nosound=1
> lavcopts=vcodec=mpeg2video:ildct=1:ilme=1:vstrict=-1
>
> And it worked. I'll try to find out what were the problematic parameters
> and post feedback.
>
> Thanks :)

BTW, you shouldn't need vstrict=-1, and in fact I imagine this will
make your mpeg2 invalid for dvd. If it's complaining about the
framerate, then probably your source file has a slightly-misrounded
framerate (typical in avi) rather than exact. Try -ofps 30000/1001 and
see if mencoder can correct it.

Rich