[MPlayer-users] Only upper half of the screen is used when using xv

Martin Collins martin at mkcollins.org
Fri Mar 12 14:35:22 CET 2004

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:38:20 +0100
gabor <gabor at z10n.net> wrote:

> i don't know if we're talking about the same problem...
>
> for me:
> if i play a video (using -vo xv) and i press 'f' to maximize it,
> then it is maximized, but it's not full-screen, not all of it is
> visible and such.

Yes. What I get when I press 'f' is the area of the screen in the top
left corner the same size as the unscaled video's frame displaying the
top left part of the video. That is the video is scaled to full screen
but you only see the top left corner, the rest of the screen displays
the desktop.

> new command line: mplayer my.avi -vf expand=480:360.
>
> now if you press 'f' it works ok.

Not on my setup. I have an ATI Rage Mobility P/M (mach64). I am using
the Gatos X server to give me xv.
The bottom of the visible area moves down so you see more movie but
still not the whole thing. It is still the size of the unscaled video
 + expanded black bars + frame.

Martin