[MPlayer-users] rip audio from DVD, burn to CD problems

Ed Burns edburns at acm.org
Fri Mar 12 14:59:25 CET 2004

Hello,

This command works to rip the audio track off a DVD chapter and resample
it down to 44,100 Hz so I can burn it to CD:

mplayer dvd://1  -chapter 4-4 -vc dummy -vo null -ao pcm -aofile c04.wav
-aop list=resample,volume:volume=150:fout=44100

Unfortunately, the resultant WAV file is "too fast", or "sped up".  In
other words, it's like running a 33RPM record on 77RPMs.  Is there some
way to avoid this speed up?

Thanks, and I love this software.  It was the reason I moved to
GNU/Linux.

Ed