[MPlayer-users] Re: mp3 pro for mencoder?

Michael Waters baobabb at rogers.com
Fri Mar 12 19:13:29 CET 2004

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 15:07 +0100, Amadeus wrote:
> > It can't. I suggest compressing sound to ogg vorbis and making mkv or
> > ogm files.
>
> I tried making a ogm file, but the audio and video was completely
> out of sync=(
>
> Does it work out of the box with the Matroska (mkv) container?

I've made several ogm and mkv files from dvd source with good a/v sync.
The only out-of-sync problem I've seen is the well known constant
200-300ms which mencoder has for many dvds.  This is easily corrected
though with mkvmerge and ogmmerge using '--sync'.  --sync can
apparently even fix drifting sync but I've never had to try this.

Please show all the commands you used to make the file.

Michael