[MPlayer-users] mencoder and Windows Media Player

F P fp2004fp at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 13 13:35:50 CET 2004

Hi,

I have an mpg file (more precisely, MPEG system stream data). Using mencoder, I
want to copy a few second of this movie in a video file readable Windows Media
Player. I read carefully the doc and tried many options and codecs, but each
time I try to read the obtained file with Windows Media Player, it tries to
download a codec that it cannot found. But the obtained file is always readable
by mplayer.

Could someone give me the commands necessary to produce a file readable by
Windows Media Player, possibly without any need for Windows users to download a
codec?

I use debian Sarge(testing) binary packages MPlayer/MEncoder 1.0pre2-3.3.2
downloaded from ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/. And Windows Media Player
9 under Windows 2000.

Thanks for your help,

David.