[MPlayer-users] Bug? -fs with "-vo gl2" not really full screen

Mike White lists1 at b0nk.org
Sat Mar 13 21:48:49 CET 2004

Sebastian Kaps wrote:
> I'm playing around with mplayer's options to get a decent result when
> playing videos on my Radeon 9600 tv out. Currently I'm using:
> "mplayer -vo gl2 -zoom -novm -fs -double -bpp 24 -dr VIDEO.avi"
>
> This works quite well, but the video displayed is not quite "full
> screen" since the black bars that "-fs" is supposed to put around the
> picture don't reach to the bottom of the screen and thus one can see the
> desktop. Looks like a bug, does it?
>
> MPlayer version is: MPlayer dev-CVS-040310-14:50-3.3.3

I've noticed this too on my tv-out:

export __GL_SYNC_TO_VBLANK=1
export __GL_SYNC_DISPLAY_DEVICE=TV-0
mplayer -vo gl2 -fs -double -display :0.1 foo.avi

...gives a fullscreen image, but where the black bars for the
letterboxed image should be, i see a flickering of the desktop.  When i
just go

mplayer -vo gl2 -fs foo.avi

to have it play on my monitor, it also flickers the desktop.  However,
when i eliminate -fs, and simply hit 'F'ullscreen during the playback,
it's fine.  The bars are black.

MPlayer 1.0pre3-3.3.2 (C) 2000-2003 MPlayer Team

hmmm.

mike