[MPlayer-users] Codec for audio format 0x2001

David Seymour dave-mplayer at djs.id.au
Sun Mar 14 09:22:51 CET 2004

On Saturday 13 March 2004 at 15:31:18 +0100, Alexander No? wrote:
> David Seymour wrote:
>
> >Hi there
> >
> >I have just received an avi file, that when played by mplayer gives
> >
> >==========================================================================
> >Cannot find codec for audio format 0x2001.
> >Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!
> >==========================================================================
> >
> >then plays the file with no sound.  I read codecs.html, but it did not
> >seem to help.  I also googled for "audio format 0x2001" without much
> >luck.
> >

> That is DTS.

Well DTS is not much better than 0x2001.  But wait grep -r -i DTS gives
some stuff in ad_hwac3.c, but I don't have a hardware decoder.  Also
gives "./DOCS/tech/wishlist: * dts support", so it look like I'm out of
luck with mplayer.

Google finds http://www.videolan.org/dtsdec.html, which is used by
vlc.  It has an interface the same as liba52 and looks easy to code
into mplayer.  I had a try but got stuck with integrating the
configure stuff.  Does anybody know if there are plans to include this
code into mplayer.  I might have another go in a couple of weeks when
I have more time.

Thanks for your help

Dave