[MPlayer-users] Strange a/v sync problems with -of mpeg

Ludovic Drolez ldrolez at debian.org
Sun Mar 14 15:13:40 CET 2004

Hi !

I'm trying to encode from a v4l device to an mpeg2 stream suitable for a SVCD
player. I use the latest CVS of mencoder.

here's my command line:

$MENCODER tv:// -tv driver=v4l:input=1:norm=PAL:width=480:height=576
-of avi  -ovc lavc -oac lavc -lavcopts
acodec=mp2:abitrate=160:vcodec=mpeg2video:vbitrate=2000
-vf pp=lb  -o v4l.mpg

Here's my problem:
- with "-of avi" a/v sync is perfect
- with "-of mpeg" a/v is awful.

Any idea why ??
I need an mpeg stream for my svcd player so a workaround would be to convert the
avi to mpeg without data loss... Any idea on how to extract the data from the
avi and produce a valid mpeg stream ??

Cheers,

--
Ludovic Drolez.