[MPlayer-users] fb module

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Sun Mar 14 20:27:09 CET 2004

I compiled kernel fb support as a module, but it doesn't load when mPlayer needs
it.  What did I miss?  The plan is to try some different modules, but I think I
had better get the stock one to work first.  I did /dev/rtc as a module too,
that that seems to load on boot.  ide_cd and cdrom will load if I do modprobe
ide_cd, but not if I just try to play a dvd.

I am guessing this isn't really an mPlayer issue, but I would like some advice
on how to use different fb drivers.

Can't open /dev/fb0: No such device
Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.

http://www.personnelware.com/carl/resume.html