[MPlayer-users] Can't get matroska (mkv) to work in mplayer

Łukasz "frogu" Proszek l_j_p at wp.pl
Sun Mar 14 21:11:07 CET 2004

W liście z sob, 13-03-2004, godz. 11:03, Moritz Bunkus pisze:
> Hi,
>
> > I'm running gentoo 1.4

does not matter. If you emerge sync && emerge -U world you will have a
gentoo 2004 system :D

> > and have emerged libmatroska-0.6.2 and faac. I have
> > then (re)compiled mplayer 1.0_pre3 and I still can't play my mkv files...
> > I just get a really screwed up screen of colors and then mplayer closes
> > shortly thereafter...
>
> Gentoo is known to silently --disable-matroska in their ebuilds. So
> please download the current CVS version of mplayer (which contains a new
> Matroska demuxer that doesn't nee libebml/libmatroska anymore) and
> compile manually without the gentoo build system.

not silently. It happens if you don't have matroska in USE flags

try this
USE="* +matroska" ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~c86" emerge mplayer

(or better add matroska to USE flags in make.conf)

it should emerge mplayer-1.0_pre3-r1

BTW: anyone here can make an ebuild for mplayer-cvs?

frogu.
--
...:FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC :http://frogu.emdej.com:...
..::GG: 1015221 .:::. JID: frogu at jabber.atman.pl::..