[MPlayer-users] loadlist in slave mode not always working?

cybertron at flashmail.com cybertron at flashmail.com
Tue Mar 16 19:14:51 CET 2004

Hey,
  I've written a GUI for MPlayer and it had been
working pretty well for me,
but since a recent upgrade to Mandrake 10 I've
been having trouble.  What I'm
doing is passing a playlist containing two files
to MPlayer: one file is the
file I want to play, the other is a blank
wav.  When I detect from reading
MPlayer's output that it has started playing the
blank wav I know that the
file I want is done, so I need to load a new
playlist.  The problem I have is
that about one out of every four or five times
MPlayer doesn't load the new
list.  It simply finishes playing the blank wav
and exits.

  The way I'm doing this is to create a file
that contains my two files on two
lines, then when I try to load the next one I
just rewrite the playlist file
with the new file.  The playlist is getting
written correctly, and my program
is detecting correctly when the blank wav file
starts playing, so it seems
that MPlayer is not doing the loadlist
command.  Is there any reason that
this would be happening, or is it possible that
the version of MPlayer
included in Mdk 10 has a bug?  The version is
MPlayer 1.0pre3-3.3.2.  TIA.

-Ben