[MPlayer-users] Re: Cache dependent problem when playing wma audio

adland adland123 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 24 21:28:29 CET 2004

> I have a problem with mplayer 1.0pre3 playing:
>
> mmst://audio2.musicradio.com/Ad/onetel.wma

> What happens is dependent on the cache size setting:

The chopiness I believe is related to delay required for the packets
to arrive to your machine from remote server.

Play does not start until it gets enough data in the buffer
(no matter how long it takes to my knowledge -
 which is why you hear pauses and breaks)

The larger cache allows it to store up these packets in advance minimizing
 the effects of delay.

for the mms stream hanging issue I have submitted a proposed patch
which helped me out a lot but so far no response.

see below.
Good luck

diff -Naur main.orig/libmpdemux/asf_mmst_streaming.c
  updated/libmpdemux/asf_mmst_streaming.c
  --- main.orig/libmpdemux/asf_mmst_streaming.c
  2003-11-07 19:26:48.000000000 -0500
  +++ updated/libmpdemux/asf_mmst_streaming.c
  2004-03-17 17:24:02.000000000 -0500
           printf("get_media_packet error : %s\n",strerror(errno));
                   return -1;
                          }
                          +          else if (ret==0) //EOF?
                          +            return ret;
                          +     }
                             }

                          len = stream_ctrl->buffer_size-stream_ctrl->buffer_pos;