[MPlayer-users] Two Bugs when playing Matroska Video Files

Philipp Wollermann phil_wo at gmx.net
Thu Mar 25 22:47:39 CET 2004

Hi,

that's cool, thanks! :) I'll update my CVS tomorrow. :)
Mmh.. strange - I can clearly hear the difference between the mp3lib
decoder (distorted) and the ffmp3 decoder (everything okay). In this
scene you can only really hear it when the guy hits this gong - it's a
kind of echo, I can't really describe it... I don't think that it could
be my soundcard or system, as the two decoders both play over the arts
audio output plugin (using OSS or ALSA doesn't fix it) - if it was the
soundcard both should be distorted or both should play allright. Playing
the file with VLC I can't hear distortion. I'll cut the clearly
distorted part out and will upload it tomorrow. Maybe the ffmp3 decoder
is just better in terms of quality? Or is this really surprising, I
mean, does everyone use the mp3lib decoder and it's just broken on my
system?

Philipp