[MPlayer-users] Jpeg input for slideshows?

Bjoern Schimpf bjoern_schimpf at visual4.de
Fri Mar 26 09:15:23 CET 2004

Hello List,
is it possible to include jpegs (or just images) into a playlist or mplayer
commandline to get something like a slideshow?

My intent is to get a playlist with movies and images in eg. .pls format to
have the ability to add a length attribute to images.

If that length-attribute parsing is not possible, I could parse the playlist
with an external program and generate the mplayer commandline.

But the main problem seems to be, that mplayer cannot display jpegs.
Is there some codec that is able to do this?
How could I define the duration (differing) for each jpeg?

at the moment I´m experimenting with mencoder to encode the jpegs, but I
have found no way to set the duration of the resulting movie.

thanks a lot for every help or idea.

Björn

visual4 | new media.communication.design
Dipl. Ing. Björn Schimpf
bjoern_schimpf at visual4.de
0179.6098437 0711.649123.8
http://www.visual4.de