[MPlayer-users] MPlayer stops repeatedly after 1 sec.

Simon Duduica simon at crinsoft.ro
Fri Mar 26 17:23:26 CET 2004

Hello,

I've got this problem with mplayer, it says it's playing and stops after
about one second, then if I pause and play again, it plays for another
second and freezes again.
I have RedHat 9.0 and installed mplayer, saw a movie or two (divx) and
started to have this problem, with same movies that were playing before.
Then I updated all the rpms from update.redhat.com ( three weeks ago)
and the movies started playing again... Now, after about 10 or 20 movies
that played perfectly, it started to do the same thing, and I tested
with movies that worked before.
Could anyone tell me what's the problem?

I don't think that it's a hardware problem but, anyway, video is ATI
All-In-Wonder 128, processor is Athlon 1.2GHz.
Mplayer is the latest I could find on your site.

Thanks,
Simon.