[MPlayer-users] wmv, rm, mov, vp6. Which is best?

Matthias Wieser matthias-wieser at t-online.de
Sat Mar 27 21:34:14 CET 2004

Am Freitag, 26. März 2004 00:54 schrieb D Richard Felker III:
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 10:40:40PM +0100, Matthias Wieser wrote:
> > Then ... where can I download a better implementation of lavc for
> > windows?
>
> Use the windows port of mencoder or ffmpeg... :)

Windows people (and reviewer) do want binaries. They don't want to install
current versions of MSYS and MinGW and try to compile libavcodec.

> IIRC, ffvfw uses xvid's rate control engine with lavc, rather than
> lavc's native one. It also uses a very old version of lavc, and
> probably has bugs that reduce quality.

The homepage of libavcodec/ffmpeg itself links to ffdshow and ffvfw. I
(and probably the reviewers from doom9) did not find another link to a
working libavcodec binary for windows.

Regards,
  Matthias