[MPlayer-users] Opening ***news.smil

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sun Mar 28 12:11:37 CEST 2004

Adam Bogacki wrote:

>> In this case, it's because the .smil file is *also* a playlist. If
>> you obtain *that* file and look inside, you should (I do) see
>> several rtsp:// URLs; if you pass those to MPlayer, they should
>> work.
>
> With respect, how does one do that ?
>
> I've tried that URL and abbreviated versions of that path, with no
> success.

First, please don't top-post.

Second, just download the .smil file (I used 'wget
http://www.abc.net.au/broadbandnews/20040323_1400/news.smil'), and look
inside it with any text viewer (I used 'less news.smil').

Alternatively, you can try 'mplayer -playlist
http://www.abc.net.au/broadbandnews/20040323_1400/news.smil'; that might
work, but AFAIK no guarantee.

--
       The Wanderer