[MPlayer-users] Re: new realaudio codec? "got message from server"

michael higgins michael.higgins at snet.net
Mon Mar 29 18:53:41 CEST 2004

adland wrote:

>>I don't know how to fix it, but if the stream is also available as rtsp
>>(that's true for your link), yust replace pnm://... with rtsp://...
>

> just a note that this pnm stream also required me to update
>  the real player in win32.

I noticed a lousy pop-up for the latest version of realplayer when I use
its player on 'doze. So, that's not a suprise.

> I did a packet capture and saw some info which is related to items below
> in libmpdemux/pnm.c which may need updated
>
> pnm_challenge - ????
> pnm_timestamp  - "[28/03/2004:20:54:44 -08:00]"
> pnm_guid - (seems to be all 0's now)
> pnm_response - ????
> client_string - "WinNT_5.1_6.0.12.690_RealPlayer_RN30PD_en-US_686l"
>
> these changes did not seem to fix the issue.

Wow, thanks. I'm not C*-literate, though I see what you mean. So, then,
it's not mis-id'ing the client, but it's a codec problem..??

So maybe there'll be a new set of codecs that'll include this? Hmm. Does
the news on the mplayer site about a developer leaving the project
impact this? Actually, I don't know if that's a good question... but
asked in good spirit. '-)

Thanks for your help.

-- mike higgins