[MPlayer-users] Re: new realaudio codec? "got message from server"

michael higgins michael.higgins at snet.net
Tue Mar 30 18:28:00 CEST 2004

adland wrote:

>>Basically, I'm writing a simple wrapper to launch the radio program(me)s
>>by name, rather than by url.
>

> I wrote something similar which stores such links in a mysql database.
> you can try from http://adland123.tripod.com
>

>>>I don't know how to fix it, but if the stream is also available as rtsp
>>>(that's true for your link), yust replace pnm://... with rtsp://...
>>
>>Well, I tried this, and it did not work for me.
>

> Just a note RTSP protocol support is provided by the external
>  live.com package.
> you should download,build,install this first.

'Bingo'. For some reason, I'd had it with compiling that day and didn't
got the extra bit and get these libs.

So, this will fix this problem? How is it I can play most of these files
now?

> then when building mplayer do ./configure --enable-live
>
> it is disabled by default.
> could explain why it failed for you.
> I tested it to play on my system.

IOW, you have compiled the live dot com in your mplayer and it plays the
stream I couldn't play without these libs and codecs?

Cool. I'm wgetting the tarball now.

>>I'm not so familiar with
>>all the various offerings I'm accessing, but, where exactly did you find
>>the same stream? I didn't see it.
>

> It may not be advertised but it is still available..
>

>>If this were true it'd be a workaround
>>for me as I could just replace the string if it occurs.
>

> Yes but this only works however if the remote server provides rtsp support
>  for the stream. fortunately for you this is very common.

Well, hope that beefing up the binaries will solve the problem even better.

Thanks for your feedback,

-- mike higgins