[MPlayer-users] Re: build issue in ao_alsa9.c(linux-2.6.5-rc2-mm5, gcc-3.3.3)

adland adland123 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 30 23:20:47 CEST 2004

> Any hints? This is cvs updated as of 30 minutes ago. It happened
> yesterday too. Is my kernel too new?

You are using an prepatch kernel
quote from kernel.org

Prepatches may be poorly tested, and may in fact not work at all.
 Use on your own risk; if you use one and run into a problem
please see Reporting Linux Kernel Bugs on the front page.

build Issue doesnt happen on a 2.6.4 kernel for me.
I also just updated to latest CVS a few minutes ago and have gcc 3.3.3

Why not build 2.6.4 kernel and try booting into a
this kernel for building as a test.

should also add the new kernel to your bootloader of course.

good luck