[MPlayer-users] Audio and TV out on PVR-350 for mplaer

Iztok Saje iztok.saje at mobitel.si
Wed Mar 31 07:40:56 CEST 2004

Hello!

Sorry for asking here: it is not unpatched mplayer, myth, ivtv ...

New Hauppauge PVR-350 (type=20) on 1 GHz P3. PAL country, S to SCART cable supplied with PVR-350.
cat <dev/video >/dev/video16 works fine, I can change channels as well using test_ioctl during cat.

fbdev works. But, slow CPU, bad sound card: I would prefer having audio out from PVR-350 for DVDs.

ivtv 0.1.9 and cvs tried.
mplayer mpegpes and ivtv patches applied.

mplayer -fs -vo mpegpes -ao oss xx.avi  works with bad picture.
mplayer -fs -vo mpegpes -ao mpegpes xx.avi  no sound
mplayer -fs -vo ivtv -ao oss xx.avi  works, nice picture.
unpached mplayer -vo mpegpes -ao mpegpes  file grab.mpg can not be copied to /dev/video16.
X is not running, ivtv-fb is not loaded during these tests.

Is there a way to mencode (or some other SW) dvd/divx on fast machine into pvr-350 .mpeg?
Maybe sequence mencoder, something, cat xx.mpeg >/dev/video16?

mplayer -identify on pvr350.mpeg: (the format I want to cat into /dev/video16 to watch) is:

ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=0x10000002
ID_VIDEO_BITRATE=3800000
ID_VIDEO_WIDTH=720
ID_VIDEO_HEIGHT=576