[MPlayer-users] Announcement: harddup andsoftskipfilters(relevant to DVD/SV

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sat May 1 07:30:50 CEST 2004

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 07:49:07PM -0300, Vi Mesq wrote:
> >> I tried pullup, but ivtc seems to give a much better output, pullup
> >seems
> >> to don't match fields a lot. The matherial I am trying to encode is the
> >> video "Toxic" from Britney Spears, where the 3:2 pattern breaks a lot.
> >IVTC
> >> detects the patten brake and adapts, while pullup and detc seem to take
> >> while to detect the pattern change (about 5 or 10 frames).
> >
> >Well this explanation is definitely wrong, since pullup does not
> >follow any pattern. But if it's failing, it's failing, and there
> >should be a fix.
> Yes, you are right, I forgot that they don't follow a pattern.

Well, pullup and ivtc don't follow a pattern, but the old detc filter
does.

> >> Let me know if
> >> you need a sample.
> >
> >Uhg. The content is so disgusting, but yes, I do want to know what's
> >breaking pullup.
> So, how can I send the sample, or where can I upload it? It's currently in
> FFV1 format, I can convert to somethingelse to save bandwith if you need.

Hmm, try encoding to mpeg4 with -lavcopts vqscale=2:ilmv:ildct:mbd=2.
Make sure pullup still messes up the same on the mpeg4 copy, and if it
does, upload that to ftp://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming with a short
text file identifying the problem. I don't need the whole file, just a
large enough clip to see the problem clearly.

> >> Thanks again for the very fast fix.
> >
> >NP. I've been wanting to fix this for years and the solution only
> >finally occurred to me, so it wasn't fast from my perspective... BTW
> >the code had a bug, so be sure to update...
> OK, I have to test if the latest CVS is compiling again in cygwin anyway. :)

There were some patches for the compile errors, so hopefully it's
fixed!

Rich