[MPlayer-users] NOVIRUS Lagging Video Problem

Chris Bird christopher at proteusnet.co.uk
Sat May 1 18:49:51 CEST 2004

Machine Spec

1600 Duron Proc

512DDR pc2700 Memory

40gig 7200rpm Hard drive

MX440 PCI Graphics Card

Its in a Terminator K7 Mini Case

Which I based around
SIS 650
SIS 7012 SOUND
SIS 5518 IDE

I am running Debian 3 with a Custom 2.6.5 Kernel

(configured perfectly for this board and proc)

And Mplayer snapshot from 27/04/2004

My problem is that I cant get the video to sync .

Audio will play fine , but with audio and video files I get

4 second lag that will get worse the longer you leave it

The picture is also very jerky

Ive been though all the VO drivers , they all do the same thing

Im currently with XV tho

Ive been though OSS and ALSA and im now using ALSA

For audio

Ive check DMA and hard drive issues . and they appear to be fine

This problem is not localized to just files its with everything DVD

And Files .

I have not also tried all the framedrop , double , etc options

I have tried this machine under windows to get make sure it isn’t

A hardware issue and windows appears to play video’s fine on it.

At a glace this machine appears to be playing at about 15fps

And the audio is playing at the normal rate. It just looks like

The video cant play at full speed

Does anyone have any suggestions

From

Chris