[MPlayer-users] -ao alsa1x feature or bug?

Weiss Alex evoweiss at yahoo.com
Tue May 4 12:42:01 CEST 2004

Hey Adar,

If I understand you correctly, you want mplayer to
send the audio track through the alsa software mixer
(dmix), right? I've been very successful in setting
this up.

The first question I'd have is whether alsa support is
compiled into mplayer (see my previous post) as the
newer versions of mplayer don't seem to recognize
alsa-libs after 0.9.8.

If you do have that compiled, run mplayer with the
following command mplayer -ao alsa9:dmixer file.avi or
include the line: ao=alsa9:dmixer in your
.mplayer/config file.

That should get you up and running!

Best,

Alex