[MPlayer-users] encoded movie looks good on the video and bad on the TV

Carlos Mazieri carlos.mazieri at ericsson.com
Tue May 4 15:08:36 CEST 2004

Hi,
      I need to encoder DVDs, each  chapter into avi files and  get the smallest size.  After that I need to play it as fullscreen
      into a TV-out with nvdia driver.

      I am using two separated screens im my XF86Config-4 file without TwinView option

========================
   Playing with            "mplayer -vo xv  -fs -zoom -cache 8192 -sws 7 ... ",                I  noticed:
=========================
       1) My encoded avi looks   PERFECT   at my display :0.0  ( my monitor )
       2) when I play DVD into TV (display :0.1) it looks PERFECT
       3) when I play my encoded video into TV ( display :0.1)  it looks BAD

====================
The mencoder command:
====================
    mencoder dvd://1 -chapter 1-1  -o myavi.avi  \
              -cache 8192 -noskip -skiplimit 0  \
              -mc 0 \
              -vf scale=256:240 -zoom -sws 7 \
              -ovc lavc -lavcopts\
              vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:autoaspect:v4mv:mbd=2:vmax_b_frames=1:trell \
              -oac mp3lame -lameopts br=128:ratio=100

==============
My screen 1 (TV):
==============
    Section "Screen"
      Identifier  "Screen_tvout800"
      Device      "TV0"
      Monitor     "TV"
      DefaultDepth 24
      Option "TVStandard" "PAL-M"
      Option "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"
      Option "TVOutFormat" "Composite"
      Subsection "Display"
          Depth       24
          Modes       "800x600"
          ViewPort    0 0
     EndSubsection
  EndSection

I also have tried some other options on mencoder and the same happens as vbitrate=16000 and vqmin=3

I hope anyone can help me,
Thanks,
Carlos Mazieri.