[MPlayer-users] Re: How's this mencoder line look / how to join 2 VC H.263 files into one XviD?

Martin Collins martin at mkcollins.org
Fri May 7 02:12:48 CEST 2004

On Thu, 6 May 2004 16:14:07 -0700
Peter Spam <pspam at mac.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your tips - maybe this will make for viewable video at
> even 32kbit?  I'm mainly concerned about the audio, as the recording
> is a lecture with very little movement.

No way. For that size video you're looking at several hundred kbits/s.
You'll just have to experiment to find an acceptable rate for you.

> Any ideas on how to merge files?

Those funky apple H263s? If mplayer can play them try something like

mkfifo pipe
cat *.h263 > pipe &
cat pipe | mencoder - -ovc copy -oac copy -forceidx -o vid.avi

> btw: I believe the -vf arguments are separated by commas rather than
> colons?

Right, I just got up...

Martin