[MPlayer-users] Windows Media doesn't see video stream

Andrew Barr barr.156 at osu.edu
Sat May 8 17:38:06 CEST 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 23:13, Andrew Barr wrote:
> Hey all--
>
> I'm trying to play Windows Media video streams off of CNN.com, and no
> matter which video I pick, I get the same result: audio playback but no
> video. I tried playing the video from the command line, using all
> available versions of the WMV codec. The results are the same, and the
> output of my test-run using Windows Media 7 is below. My ultimate goal
> is to get the mplayerplug-in project to work, but right now I'm going to
> have to deal with the command line. Any thoughts or tips would be
> greatly appreciated.

I've been working with this problem a little more, and I went to a web
site that had WMV clips I could actually download. I did that, and
played it off my hard disk. It played fine (detected as Windows Media
Video 8). I tried playing this same clip as an HTTP stream and the same
thing as before happened (audio but no video). So, my problem must be
with the network transport part of MPlayer. Given this, does anyone have
thoughts/tips/suggestions? I am using Mplayer 1.0-pre4. Thanks again.

--
Andrew Barr

/usr/games/fortune says:
People who make no mistakes do not usually make anything.