Soundproblems with dvbin (was Re: [MPlayer-users] couldn't play with dvb://)

Falko Pilz webmaster at fapi.de
Sun May 9 18:34:14 CEST 2004

On Sun, 09 May 2004 16:37:32 +0200
Nico <nsabbi at tiscali.it> wrote:

> Falko Pilz wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >thanks, the permission rights were the problem for watching, but
> >now the audio still matters.
> >
> >If I watch files "-ao oss" works well with the soundcard from the
> >mainboard.
> >If I use dvbin mplayer still says,
> >" VIDEO MPEG2(pid=255)...NO AUDIO!  NO SUBS (yet)!  PROGRAM N. 0"
> >so it seems the input doesn't deliver sound.
> >Could you help me here? With vdr I also has pic's without sound.
> >So this should be a device problem.
> >
> >Regards
> >
> >Falko
> >

> 1) check that the audio pid you selected in channels.conf.* is correct
> 2) eventually use a larger -tsprobe ( I use -tsprobe 512000)
> 3) if all else fails please post the complete log  of
>
> mplayer -v dvb://TV_CHANNEL
>
>     Nico

Hello,

I have only one channels.conf (from dvb-driver - package)
Should there be more? I still haven't set a PID for audio. Where should
this be done? If i use -aid xxxx (7'th value in the channels.conf line)
the sound works for the channel.
Why this is adjusted by mplayer himself (automatically)?
Or have I something forget in a config-file?

Regards

Falko