[MPlayer-users] Can we play multiple subtitles at the same time?

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Mon May 10 20:09:23 CEST 2004

王晓哲 wrote:

> For example, I want the english subtitle and the chinese subtitle
> display at the same time. Is there a way to implement this? Thanks a
> lot!

Unless I'm much mistaken, MPlayer cannot currently do this. I know of no
reason why it could not be implemented to be possible, although it would
cause problems in practice if two files had different subtitles
appearing in the same place on screen.

In the meantime, is there a reason you couldn't simply combine the two
subtitle files, to have multiple languages in one file? If I'm not
mistaken that should play fine. (Though admittedly that wouldn't help
for, say, DVDs.)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.