[MPlayer-users] codec help

Bret Hughes bhughes at elevating.com
Tue May 11 16:30:56 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 23:57, rcooley wrote:
> On 10 May 2004 13:43:37 -0500
> Bret Hughes <bhughes at elevating.com> wrote:
>
> > [mpeg2video @ 0x847f660]MPEG1/2 doesnt support 2997/100 fps
>
> This was addressed days ago on this list.  I believe you need to set
> "vstrict"(probably to 0, maybe -1).

Hmm sorry I guess I missed that.  I set -ofps 30 and it worked.

I did manage to get this file encoded and it sees to be what I wanted
but the little squares ( is that the 16 pixel standard I read about?)
are visible in the sort of water fall background.  Still reading.

here is the command line:
mencoder -ofps 30 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video:vhq -oac copy -o
newfreezoni.mpg Freezoni.mov

Bret