[MPlayer-users] Mplayer Playing But Mencoder Is Not Extracting

x x55k at yahoo.com
Wed May 12 16:35:48 CEST 2004

Hi everyone,

I have one mpeg4 file with no avi header. Simple
invocation does of mplayer does not play it and
requires I specify FPS.

After specifying FPS it plays it for about 5 minutes
and crashes. -bs does not do anything useful to
forward it. But when I specify -ss, I am able to start
it after the crash point. It crashes after a while
again. By using -ss 5-6 times to start it after crash
points, I am able to view most of the file.

I would like to extract this file but mencoder -oac
copy -ovc copy does not do anything useful. I tried
few other options like -idx, -forceidx, etc but no
success. I also output a .dump file but that file is
the same as the original file (useless).

No player except mplayer manages to view a frame out
of it (Thanks for this great player, I wish I had
known it earlier). Repair tools (vdub, nandub, etc.)
are useless. I tried all.

Any ideas how I can extract and save this file? Which
options do I need to use?

Thanks.

Jimmy