[MPlayer-users] DXR3 DVD sound problem

jadinp at noos.fr jadinp at noos.fr
Thu May 13 13:47:24 CEST 2004

Hello all,

I have a sound problem using MPlayer and playing DVDs.
The output is just noise.

I have a Sigma Design RealMagic Hollywood+ card.
(I have also an ISA soundblaster PnP16)
I'm using the em8300 module in overlay (no tv output).
I'm using the microcode2.bin.

With MPlayer the image is perfect in dxr3view.
dhc is on analog output (digital output brings no sound at all).
MP3 files are working perfectly with MPlayer and the -ao oss:/dev/em8300_ma-0 command.

I tried several options (too many to be listed here) for MPlayer without luck.
Maybe some of you came across such a problem.

As for version I used:
Mandrake 8.0 with kernel 2.4.18 and gcc3.3
MPlayer 0.90pre5
em8300 0.13.0

I guess one solution could be to upgrade both MPlayer and em8300...

Any other idea, something I'm missing, I should check or remember if I compile MPlayer?
Thanks for any help you could bring me.

Trick