[MPlayer-users] No audio in video capture

amber newsgrabber at poczta.onet.pl
Mon May 17 11:30:25 CEST 2004

make sure what input you actually hear when you're watching TV. you may have a short
jack-to-jack cable for the sound output from the tv-card connected to the one of the
input sockets in the audio card.

just watch what sound adjust bar you use while adjusting the tv volume? most probably
it is "line in". i happen to use CD-in because i need "line in" for my stereo while
audio CDs are never played on my PC (without being converted to mp3 first ;)

to set audio i use aumix with a profile loaded from a file, but you can do it
manually:

run aumix. the first column shows a few buttons used for selecting the recording line.
the selected one is marked with a red square. click the "line in" to choose it (or
whatever your cable from tv card is connected to.)

you might also need to adjust the "gain level" slide bar for the volume.