[MPlayer-users] Re: OpenDML problem

Tobias Diedrich ranma at tdiedrich.de
Mon May 17 18:06:42 CEST 2004

Gerog Veiz  wrote:

> I am using mencoder to capture from TV and store with libavcodec to
> MPEG4. The quality is excellent but the files

Can't reproduce your problem (using current CVS).
I don't have a TV capture card ATM, but I have a 8Gig mjpeg file lying
around.  I used
mencoder -ovc lavc -oac copy -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vme=0:vqscale=1
to create a 3.2GB output file, which appearently works fine in mplayer,
virtualdub and ms media player.  I did not watch the whole file, but
seeking works and I did not get any error messages.

avidemux 2 does not like that file though.  However, seeing that VD and
MS Media Player have no problems, I'd guess this might be an avidemux
problem.

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.2ya.com
German uses a strange mixture of big- and little-endianness: 376 is