[MPlayer-users] Can't compile matroxset: "parse error before '[' token"

Timo Reimann ttr2654 at yahoo.de
Tue May 18 01:00:31 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to set up my Matrox G400 for TV-out and
thus I need matroxset as described in the mplayer
documentation.

Unfortunately, I cannot manage to compile the code.
This is what happens:

srv:~/matroxset# ls
Makefile  fb.h  matroxfb.h  matroxset.c  normal
swapit  swapped
srv:~/matroxset# make
cc -O2 -W -Wall   -c -o matroxset.o matroxset.c
matroxset.c: In function `main':
matroxset.c:95: error: parse error before '[' token
matroxset.c:101: error: parse error before '[' token
matroxset.c:104: error: parse error before '[' token
matroxset.c:110: error: parse error before '[' token
make: *** [matroxset.o] Error 1
srv:~/matroxset#

I've been looking at the code but couldn't find the
reason for these errors.

An older post on the mplayer list

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=3552242&forum_id=2309

assumes that this is a Debian problem which might be
the case since I'm using Debian testing with a 2.6.4
kernel and gcc 3.3.3.

Hopefully, someone can help me out - this issue really
annoys me. :(

Bye,
--Timo

Mit schönen Grüßen von Yahoo! Mail - http://mail.yahoo.de