[MPlayer-users] Per-DVD Config Files?

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Wed May 19 15:20:13 CEST 2004

> A great option in mplayer is the "per-file" configuration options. But
> is it possible to create "per-DVD" configuration files?
>
> My problem is this:
>        Disc A requires the options "-sid 3"
>        Disc B requires the options "-slang en -forcedsubsonly"
> I want to add these options to a config file, so my "windows-only"
> friends can watch DVDs without my intervention.
>
> If I could create "per-DVD" configuration files, this would be easy.
> Does anyone know if its possible, and what I'd call the config files?

I seem to remember needing this for some screen options, but not that I am
running mplayer under X the problem may have gone away.

I have seen both dvd ID's and titles, for instance:

according to vobcopy:
title: SCHOOL_OF_ROCK_16X9

so ~/.mplayer/SCHOOL_OF_ROCK_16X9.config seems like a good idea.

What would be handy: an mplayer option to create the file using the current
settings (defaults, global config, local config and command line options) using
the current dvd to generate the file name.  mplayer
dvd://1 -fs -CreateConfigForDVD  (may need a better option name...)

I think it would be handy for debugging too - that would let you see exactly
what options mplayer is trying to use.

Carl K