[MPlayer-users] no sound with QuickTime

Steve Kleene skmpl at syrano.acb.uc.edu
Wed May 19 15:43:27 CEST 2004

On May 11 2004, I posted the following (together with a screen dump):

> I just installed mplayer from RPMs (1.0pre4-2).  I tried to play a QuickTime
> video.  The video was fine, but there was no sound.  A popup window
> complained, "Cannot find codec for audio format 0x0."  Is this an unsupported
> codec?

With the help of Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski, I have made a 10-sec clip of
the movie with mencoder.  I have uploaded the clip to
mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/ as nosound.mov.  If anyone can explain why
mplayer can't do the audio, I'd be grateful.

Thanks.

                                                  Steve Kleene